- Google Analytics, Google UTM, ROI, SMS, SMS marketing
Have you ever wondered why you receive SMS messages with a link that looks like this: https://goo.gl/is1VeZ?
There are a few reasons:
- SMS messages are charged per 165 characters and so having a long URL like http://www.zuluedm.com/features/#sms takes up valuable characters.
- Zulu eDM provides many campaign metrics however if you want to get even more intelligence from your SMS campaigns via Google Analytics then the same URL would look like this: http://www.zuluedm.com/features/?utm_source=Zulu%20eDM&utm_medium=SMS&utm_campaign=Blog&utm_content=Implementing%20Google%20UTM#sms
- Implementing URL tracking via Google UTM or other analytics for your web sites will demonstrate that SMS in most countries will deliver the highest goal conversion rate available.
- We recommend implementing goal conversions into your Analytics to really understand the ROI and benefits this messaging type yields.
It stands to reason that a short message should have a short tracking URL. To find out more on how to implement tracking codes in your Zulu eDM and Google Analytics accounts using the Google UTM builder visit our support knowledgebase article.